Last updated 22/12/2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Al Rahmat (The Mercy). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practice about your personal information, please contact us on email@example.com.
This privacy notice shows how we may use your information if you:
- Visit our website at http://www.alrahmat.org
- Engage with us in other related ways – including any donations / sales, marketing or events
In this privacy notice, if we refer to:
- “website”, we are referring to any website of ours that links to this policy
- “services”, we are referring to our website, and other related services, including any donations / sales, marketing or events.
We will inform you of any data we have, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our services immediately.
Please read this privacy notice carefully, as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the website. This may include the following:
- Payment data
We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you donate. All payment data is stored by Just Giving, we do not store credit card details, we do not share customer details with any third parties. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://www.justgiving.com/about/info/privacy-policy/privacy-policy-v30 All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. If you share information, we are legally bound by the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information), but may include device and usage information, (such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website and other technical information). This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and usage data
Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity on the website (such as date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports – sometimes called ‘crash dumps’ – and hardware settings).
- Device data
We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other devices you use to access the website. Depending on the device used, the device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of organisation purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate organisation interests, in order to enter a contract with you, with your consent, and / or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you an appeal, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our services, we may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure. For example, for fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for organisation purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, and returns made through the website.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?” section below for further information).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalised content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- We may use your information for other organisation purposes. Such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, appeals, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymised form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We are committed to protecting your personal information, any details you provide us will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate organisation interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. Such as, in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or act regarding potential violations of our policies. Additionally, if there is suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Organisation Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisitions of all or a portion of our organisation to another company.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 2 years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate organisation need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguarding efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the website within a secure environment.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You have the right to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, to request rectification or erasure and to restrict the processing of your personal information. To make such requests please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any requests in accordance with data protection legislation. There may be a charge of £10 for information requests to cover our costs.
If you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office http://www.ico.org.uk.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by the “revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact us in the following ways:
AL-RAHMAT (The Mercy)
1- 7 Bent Street
Phone: +44 (0) 161 29 82 786